Countries Where ABF Does Not Operate (Yet)
Here are a few of the questions we ask ourselves when we receive requests from Christian Scientists to start a new program in a new country.
- Does this country have an active Christian Science community with at least one practitioner in the area?
- Are there trusted sources that can provide us with current data on reliable banking infrastructure, local laws, and reputable schools?
- What is the availability of educated volunteers (Christian Scientists) to assist with a local program?
- Do we have sufficient ABF staff to manage a new program, including interfacing with local representatives, volunteers and prospective students?
- What systems and measures would we need in order to approve students and schools in a new country?
- What would we need to budget to research, establish and maintain a new program, including funds for additional student grants?
- Do we have sufficient reasons to investigate this country on site?
Do we need this page for Europe?
As a general rule, we provide grants to students in order to attend university in their home country. So if you don’t live in one of the 10 countries where we currently have a program, or you want to attend university in another country, then we probably can’t help you right now.
In the future, we hope to expand into new countries in Africa. It takes time, money, applicants and volunteers to set up a new program. We are most likely to expand into countries with a strong network of Christian Science churches and societies.
If you are a student in a country where ABF does not currently provide grants, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, contact info, and the school you would like to attend. We will add you to our list of interested students.
If you are a member of a Christian Science church or society and would like to find and screen applicants, please contact the appropriate regional representative:
West/Central Africa Rep
East Africa Rep
English, Luganda, Swahili
As a general rule, we fund students to attend university in their country. If a student is a permanent resident
ABF would like to expand our programs. If you are a member of a Christian Science Church or Society